About Pesta Raya – Malay Festival of Arts
Pesta Raya – Malay Festival of Arts showcases the best in theatre, dance, and music from the Nusantara (Malay Archipelago).
This 16th edition invites you to come celebrate the icons and treasures of a community marked by its diversity and richness.
- Dubbed the Queen of Rock, Ella (Malaysia) returns to celebrate her 30th year in music at the Esplanade Concert Hall
- Malaysian sensation The Venopian Solitude unleashes their brand of aggressively straight-forward but quirky music
- Payung Teduh, an Indonesian indie alternative band blending folk, keroncong and jazz
- Zapin Party
- Dikir Barat Battle
- Main² by Teater Ekamatra is a warts-and-all portrayal of the Malay community and its social strata, played out in the interwoven lives of six characters, each rocked by violence and checkered by abuse.
- Go on an adventure at the Esplanade Outdoor Theatre to find the best ketupat recipe in a new production, The Ketupat Kid, featuring young talents.
- At the Courtyard, be entertained by an interactive and humourous shadow puppet performance.
- Storytelling and craft workshops at PIP’s PLAYbox
- Dikir barat parent-child workshop