Customer Experience Officer
You will oversee venue operations and event management for front-of-house services to all customers particularly during performances ensuring excellent service standards. As a member of the Customer Experience team, you must have a love for the arts and must be a strong believer / upholder of our service culture. In performing your duties, you must have empathy and lots of patience in managing customers, flexibility and resourcefulness in handling the unexpected and the ability to think on your feet to resolve operational issues.
As a Customer Experience Officer, you must be able to embrace our fundamental service values of kindness, warmth, integrity and humility.
This is a shift work position with a 5-day work week (the 2 rest days are not necessarily on weekends but are rostered on a rotational basis). Besides looking after all customers during performances as the venue officer, your job requires you to supervise ushers, host, manage the information counter and hotline, administration of ticket sales and conducting guided tours (if any) and performing other general customer service and administrative back of house duties.
- At least a Diploma or relevant qualifications
- At least 2 years’ working experience in customer service role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues with a customer-focused orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in English and a second language
Head, Customer Experience
You will play a critical role in ensuring that all customer front of house services (customer service, ticketing, information services, tours, etc.) in Esplanade are aligned with the company’s service culture to delight all our patrons and visitors. You will be directly responsible for building, leading and managing the Customer Experience Department, including driving the customer service operations to provide exceptional service to establish best practice and leading service standards.
In addition, you will work with the various departments to ensure that all “Esplanade Experience” touchpoints are synergised to complete the total Esplanade Experience for our visitors and patrons.
- At least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent
- At least 10 years of working experience in the related field
- Solid track record of all-round experience in related operation and management position
- Strong organizational, management and leadership abilities with a vision to initiate and execute change
- Meticulous with details and ability to execute operations
You will plan and oversee the presentation of programmes that will reflect the needs and aspirations of the diverse communities we serve. The programmes range from festivals, our daily non-ticketed performances, to various series with their focused community, artist and/or genre development goals.
Over the course of your career as a Programmer, you will be expected to develop competencies in managing the administrative, operational, creative and financial aspects of a programme, but also in leading a team, seeking of grants/funds, producing, and the forging of international partnerships.
- Conceptualise, propose and develop programmes in line with Esplanade’s vision, mission and programming philosophy
- Plan and manage budgets, timelines and event-related processes; as well as negotiate and manage contracts
- Develop and promote activities/programmes that will increase and develop public appreciation, understanding and engagement of the arts
- Support local arts groups in the development, production and presentation of their work in the Esplanade
- Work with Marketing & Development departments on marketing, publicity and other promotional plans to engage the audiences, sponsors and donors, and to maximise attendance and box office
- Work with technical production and other operational departments to ensure that the show takes place successfully
- Assess, review and continually improve the quality and impact of Esplanade’s programmes
- Develop knowledge on artists, performing art forms and networks, while keeping abreast of trends in the performing arts locally and internationally
We are looking for individuals for the positions of Assistant Programmers and Programmers who:
- have a keen sense of aesthetics, knowledge and appreciation in one or more art forms.
- In particular, our current vacancies will require an appreciation and knowledge of the following:
- Dance; and/or
- Theatre; and/or
- Cultural programmes, including the traditional arts of Singapore and the region; and/or
- Programmes for young audiences and students (experience in producing quality theatre for young audiences will be an asset); and/or
- Visual Arts
- are familiar with and invested in the needs and development of local audiences, artists/arts groups and communities;
- are good team players, highly responsible, and have strong multi-tasking and communication skills; &
- have relevant working experience in producing, arts programming or in arts management.
We would like to invite interested candidates who satisfy the requirements to email us their resume with an indication of their current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your interest in the Esplanade.