You will plan and present programmes that will reflect the needs and aspirations of our multicultural and multilingual communities. This ranges from festivals, our daily non-ticketed performances, to programme series with focused community, artist and/or genre development goals. You will work in cross-department teams to deliver experiences and programmes of high quality, and embrace our diverse audience and arts communities.
- Conceptualise, propose and develop programmes in line with Esplanade’s vision, mission and programming philosophy
- Plan and manage budgets, timelines and event-related processes; as well as negotiate and manage contracts
- Develop and promote activities / programmes that will increase and develop public appreciation, understanding and engagement of the arts
- Support local arts groups in the development, production and presentation of their work in the Esplanade
- Work with Marketing & Development departments on marketing, publicity and other promotional plans to engage the audiences, sponsors and donors, and to maximise attendance and box office
- Work with operational departments to ensure that the show takes place successfully
- Assess, review and continually improve the quality and impact of Esplanade’s programmes
- Develop knowledge on artists, performing art forms and networks, while keeping abreast of trends in the performing arts locally and internationally
We are looking for individuals with a range of experience in the arts. Specifically, we are looking for individuals who:
- are strong team players with developed multi-tasking skills and have good communication skills;
- are familiar with the needs of local audiences, artists/arts groups and communities; &
- have a keen sense of aesthetics and appreciation in one or more art forms. In particular, our current vacancies will require an appreciation and knowledge of the following areas -
- Dance; and/or
- Theatre; and/or
- Programmes for young audiences and students (experience in producing quality theatre for young audiences will be an asset)
- have relevant working experience in producing, arts programming or in arts management
Apply now if you are keen in the above position and satisfy the requirements. Do indicate your current and expected salary in your application e-mail.
We thank you for your interest in the Esplanade. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.