You will be responsible for generating business opportunities for the Esplanade so as to maximise revenue for the company. You will develop long term partnership between Esplanade and the corporate community so as to “grow” new arts sponsors for Esplanade.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of assigned accounts – Corporate
- Generate revenue – bring in sponsorship dollars
- Formulate, plan and implement overall strategy to generate revenue through sponsorship and donor programmes. These are assets which can be used to generate sponsorship dollars
- Work with support departments to ensure effective and efficient follow up as well as the fulfilment of all contractual commitments through a proper and streamlined administrative system
- Cultivate a long term relationship with companies in the corporate sector so that they will in time understand the value of the arts and Esplanade, and make their organisation see arts sponsorship as part of their corporate social responsibility to the community they exist in
- Qualifications in business administration, marketing or related discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing/sales
- Resourceful and possess good selling skills
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills
- Strong ability to analyse sales data and develop portfolio of accounts
You will plan and oversee the presentation of programmes that will reflect the needs and aspirations of the diverse communities we serve. The programmes range from festivals, our daily non-ticketed performances, to various series with their focused community, artist and/or genre development goals.
Over the course of your career as a Programmer, you will be expected to develop competencies in managing the administrative, operational, creative and financial aspects of a programme, but also in leading a team, seeking of grants/funds, producing, and the forging of international partnerships.
- Conceptualise, propose and develop programmes in line with Esplanade’s vision, mission and programming philosophy
- Plan and manage budgets, timelines and event-related processes; as well as negotiate and manage contracts
- Develop and promote activities/programmes that will increase and develop public appreciation, understanding and engagement of the arts
- Support local arts groups in the development, production and presentation of their work in the Esplanade
- Work with Marketing & Development departments on marketing, publicity and other promotional plans to engage the audiences, sponsors and donors, and to maximise attendance and box office
- Work with technical production and other operational departments to ensure that the show takes place successfully
- Assess, review and continually improve the quality and impact of Esplanade’s programmes
- Develop knowledge on artists, performing art forms and networks, while keeping abreast of trends in the performing arts locally and internationally
We are looking for individuals for the positions of Assistant Programmers and Programmers who:
- have a keen sense of aesthetics, knowledge and appreciation in one or more art forms.
- In particular, our current vacancies will require an appreciation and knowledge of the following:
- Dance; and/or
- Theatre; and/or
- Cultural programmes, including the traditional arts of Singapore and the region; and/or
- Programmes for young audiences and students (experience in producing quality theatre for young audiences will be an asset)
- are familiar with and invested in the needs and development of local audiences, artists/arts groups and communities;
- are good team players, highly responsible, and have strong multi-tasking and communication skills; &
- have relevant working experience in producing, arts programming or in arts management.
You will be responsible to form digital strategies and framework, manage and disseminate information timely, and develop digital marketing capabilities so as to maximise publicity and revenue for Esplanade.
- Create and edit video content for our brand and programmes for dissemination on Esplanade.com, social media platforms and Centremedia platforms
- Seamlessly transit from behind the camera to the edit bay, while working closely with our creative, marketing, and programming teams
- Develop powerful narratives for the performing arts, community engagement, educational content, content crafted for social and blogs
- Experienced in handling cameras not limited to DSLRs, prosumer video cameras with basic knowledge of miking in video production
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Practical knowledge in Adobe After Effects will be a plus
- Has a good eye for color grading and experience related software: DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Speedgrade
- Technical knowledge in video production (e.g. Formats, codecs, and workflow)
- Well versed in other Adobe suite of applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator)
We would like to invite interested candidates who satisfy the requirements to email us their resume with an indication of their current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your interest in the Esplanade.