What makes a successful stage production is not merely what performers do on stage. The happenings out of the audience's view and how all the different parts of a production come together seamlessly is just as important. Making this happen is no easy task and the production team is tasked with this key responsibility. The Esplanade Technical Theatre Programme is an initiative to develop and upgrade the technical skills in the theatre industry.
The Technical Theatre Training Programme (TTTP) is a 12-month sponsored training programme that provides entry level training in technical theatre. It is a competency based training programme that is designed to meet the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualification (WSQ) standards.
Requirements of applicants
- Must be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR) of Singapore
- Have had some working experience in technical theater or in the arts industry
- Completed National Service (for male candidates)
- An aptitude for technical work and is comfortable working with hand tools
- Computer literacy is an asset
Terms and Conditions
- Training allowance: $1,200.00 monthly (no other allowances and benefits payable)
- Status during training: An Esplanade trainee (not an employee of Esplanade)
- Cost of training: $39,929.00 (fully sponsored)
- The trainee will be bonded to work for 2288 hrs after the training programme. The bond period of 2288 hours is to be completed within 2 years
- Rest days during training: 13 days per quarter
- Vacation leave: 7 days (rostered by Esplanade)
- Insurance: coverage for any injury sustained during training. This includes basic hospitalisation and surgical insurance coverage.
- Training hours: long and irregular; more than 44 hours per week on average.